My first step was the admission test, along with five other students of our school at the Liceo Scientifico "F. Masci" of Chieti, where I had to respond to fifty Applications of Physics, Mathematics and Biology. A week later comes the response: accepted! Do not believe it ... yet it was true. At that point, the enthusiasm increased, on the other hand wound the feeling of not being up to ... how many paranoid! However
June 14 following match for Assergi, a village near L'Aquila and I saw for the first time, so much renowned laboratories. There, the famous physicist Antonino Zichichi (from an idea of \u200b\u200b1979) had them built, and after ten years of abstract ideas and proposals this year for the first time the project came to life, giving rise to the Stage. When I first arrived I immediately came across the first seminars and right now I realized that these two weeks would have been a full-immersion in science, in fact, more exactly a "spiritual retreat". Okay, I knew that Assergi was a very small country, but I did not expect that the hotel was isolated from this microscopic center, it was at the base of the lifts! No way out, just me and the science!
After attending seminars given by leading academics, as Umberto Villante concerning recombinant DNA, nanoscience or solar storms have given way to practice: experimentation. It was a continuous interplay between charm and fun to make arched brows. We started from physics to biology for a day. And so I found myself face to face with the names and experiences that I knew thanks to textbooks. Driven by an uncontrollable curiosity, but also armed with a lot of patience, I checked with my own eyes with my hands, my mind what I had studied: the law of Hooke, Stevin, Boyle or buoyancy, Drosophila melanogaster of the famous Morgan, this time not used to study the mechanisms associated with hereditary X chromosome, but to dissect.
How everything changes when we proceed further than the page of the book! Comes to life!
These are obviously just some of the many things I have done my beat those two weeks. Of course, to fully understand those issues and emotions, that everyone should live an experience like that in person. Not just a simple list or a sterile report for tell all. Yes, I could accurately describe each experiment done or seminars attended, but I could not communicate such a great amount of emotions and experiences.
Fabrizia Mininni
0 comments:
Post a Comment